Thursday, October 2

You cannot defeat me!! (and a poem too)


I'm happy as a schoolgirl... a couple of hours designing and getting it online, and my background is complete! Muahahaha...

In other news, I found a poem I'd like to share, in honor 
of, well, my background and my sister's Queen Anne's Lace Scarf: 

Queen Anne, Queen Anne, has washed her lace
(She chose a summer's day)
And hung it in a grassy place
To whiten, if it may.

Queen Anne, Queen Anne, has left it there,
And slept the dewy night;
Then waked, to find the sunshine fair,
And all the meadows white.

Queen Anne, Queen Anne, is dead and gone
(She died a summer's day),
But left her lace to whiten in
Each weed-entangled way!

Mary Leslie Newton

2 comments:

TheBookKnerd said...

I'm glad you have a blog, so many people do!! I look forward to reading it!!

Cyndi said...

Hmm.. that little girl sure looks familiar! Great blog, I love the layout!