Saturday, October 4

Parties and Purls


Friday was a blast. We had a surprise bash for Katie - several of her gal pals showed up at California Pizza Kitchen for dinner and then all headed over to Homewood Suites for a sleepover! The details and effort involved in planning this were amazing. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the great part: this whole thing was planned by her husband! He got major brownie points. He packed her all up, got all of her makeup, jammies, everything! Down to contact case! We all had so much fun. Once we were all tuckered out and ready for bed, I got to sit and talk to baby Caleb in Rae's belly. It was one of the most memorable things I have ever done. Who can't believe in a Creator?? I got to feel his little head, and even felt (and saw!) his hiccups. I can't wait to be pregnant. I mean, the time will come one day, and I don't want to rush it, but oh I look forward to it so much. I'm so glad God gives us nine full months to stare at our growing bellies in wonder. I can't wait to meet baby Caleb.

And then today, after waking to a marvelous breakfast with the ladies, I headed back to C-town for my knitting class. Maggie has been coming with me, and holy knitting Batman! She's amazing! She learned to purl today, and her little pink scarf is coming along so amazingly well. She's only eight! My niece is now my knitting buddy. How fun!

0 comments: